We spent one day at the park with some friends from Caleb's preschool, followed by Peter Piper Pizza, of course. One of his friends has an older brother that was in Marissa's preschool class, so it was fun for her to see her old friend again.
We spent a day at the zoo on a day with record heat (for this time of year). It was pretty crowded, but seemed to be a pretty good day for the animals. I had never seen the tiger up the tree before.

We also hosted a little "etiquette lesson" for the kids and a few of their friends. Noticing some interesting changes in behavior from my kindergartener since starting school, I felt it would be a good idea to have a little reminder of how to employ proper table manners, among other things. We read the kids a couple of books about table manners and gave them a short bible verse to learn about why we should have good manners. Then they got to practice them over lunch. They did great! They each earned pebbles for every display of politeness. I can see who our competitive ones are! We may have to do this on a regular basis...
They've also got a new (since I've been there) observation area to see the elephants up closer.
I think I may take this same picture every time I go to the zoo. I need to get more creative...
We also hosted a little "etiquette lesson" for the kids and a few of their friends. Noticing some interesting changes in behavior from my kindergartener since starting school, I felt it would be a good idea to have a little reminder of how to employ proper table manners, among other things. We read the kids a couple of books about table manners and gave them a short bible verse to learn about why we should have good manners. Then they got to practice them over lunch. They did great! They each earned pebbles for every display of politeness. I can see who our competitive ones are! We may have to do this on a regular basis...
No comments:
Post a Comment