As I picked Caleb up from preschool this morning his teacher shared with me a little conversation that had happened in class. They were working on a painting project, and Caleb was asking his teacher to verify the color of a particular paint. She told him it was purple.
The kid next to him looked at him incredulously and says, "he doesn't even know his colors?" The teacher of course tries to simply explain to this kid, without hurting Caleb's feelings, that he is still working on learning to recognize some colors. Caleb didn't seem to be at all offended by the boy's ridicule at his "ignorance", but did seem a bit frustrated that his teacher was not explaining it right. So he pipes in and says, "it's because I'm blind."
Ha ha! I can just hear the conversation this kid had with his mom today...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ooooh, that started making me feel defensive and mad that the other kid made that comment, and Caleb isn't even mine =) But good for him that he didn't let it phase him - I can just picture Caleb: "What a dumb kid...." =) Love it!
ReplyDelete