Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Back to School
The kids have been back in school for a couple of weeks now. Marissa was super excited to get her teacher. Caleb didn't get the teacher we thought we wanted. But I have learned to trust God in placing them where they need to be. In the first 2 weeks I am already seeing signs that God knew better than I did on this one. Well, duh. At any rate, both kids are doing well, and enjoying being back in their school routines.
Each year I get to educate Caleb's teachers about how to deal with his colorblindness in the classroom. Truthfully, I'm just thankful that we know about it and can help him deal with it with little trauma. His teacher this year has been so sweet about helping him adjust as well as educating the class about it. The main thing for him at this point is not to make him view it as a stigma. She labels his colored pencils, and then taught the class about how his eyes see colors differently. With Smartboards in the classroom she was even able to show them pictures of what he sees. The kids were so fascinated they kept asking him questions - what color is my shirt? what color is this folder? I wish I was colorblind! Ha ha! He felt like a celebrity that day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment